Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hitting the Slopes

stripes
After just barely surviving two exams, I'm so relieved to be getting out of town. I'll be spending the weekend visiting my brother, attempting to ski, and frolicking in the snow in a small town in Maine ("a town where the common is uncommon; where Brooks Bros. sells pliers and wrenches, Victoria’s Secret is a chocolate raspberry dessert and the Timberland Outlet is an exit for logging trucks," according to their "department" of tourism, which is probably a person armed with a laptop).

I'm packing all of my coziest sweaters, leggings, and scarves, and of course, my laptop. Our bed & breakfast is supposed to have internet, but updates will be sporadic. When I'm in the presence of snow, it's hard for me to be productive (unless you consider building snowmen and making snow angels productive, which I certainly do).

striped sweater (purchased a few sizes up for a slouchier fit) and jeans, Gap. jacket, Free People. moccasins, Marc by Marc Jacobs. scarf, Ralph Lauren. undereye circles, from logging twenty hours at the library this week. new hair, expertly chopped at my local Aveda salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment